Travel & Firearms Information

Canada Goose What could be better than getting off the airplane in Saskatoon Saskatchewan and have your Canada waterfowl hunt start with a personal pick up? That's the way we do things. You are greeted right at Saskatoon International Airport by Lucky Lake Hunting Adventures staff and brought back to the lodge. If you need to stop for alcohol; that is not a problem! We can take you anywhere you need to go for forgotten items. We also bring you right back to catch your flight home, no worrying about car rentals or any of that business. You are on vacation so relax and let us do the work.

We do require that you try and have your flights arranged for early afternoon pick ups and drop offs. We are located 90 miles from the airport and extreme early morning or late night flights are difficult for us to accommodate. If either your arrival or departure flights are outside 11am to 4pm you will need to rent a car for the trip to the lodge. Also if you are flying alone you will need to rent a car for the trip to the lodge. Very detailed directions and gps coordinates will be provided.

Be sure to check with whatever airline you are using on policies concerning baggage weights.

You will be required to fill out a temporary gun permit to bring firearms into Canada (Firearm Declaration Form). The fee is $25 payable at the border crossing.

Sandhill Crane

Non-Resident Firearm Declaration Forms are available through the links below or by calling 1-800-731-4000 (Canada and U.S.) or from all Customs offices across Canada. Visit the RCMP website for more information.

Download Non-Resident Canadian Firearm Declaration Form

Download Non-Resident Firearm Declaration Continuation Sheet

Instruction Sheet

Hunting License Purchasing Process (Helpful Document)

Please click here to download .pdf reader

Buy a Saskatchewan hunting license on-line (must create an account first)

For hunters flying into Saskatoon that would like to have their gun permit pre-approved and prepay the $25 fee, you can call Canadian Customs at Saskatoon International Airport at (306)975-4755 and fax both your gun forms to (306)975-5917. This will make getting through the line at customs very quick.

If you require any assistance in booking flights, or any other aspects of the trip please let us know and we can help.

American citizens do not need a passport to enter Canada but they do need a passport to re-enter the USA because of the new homeland security measures. There is more information at the US State Department web site US Passports

American citizens with criminal records, including drinking and driving convictions, will be denied entry into Canada. You need to apply for a pardon before crossing the border. You will need to call the border crossing you will be using to start this process.